Basic Mindfulness Meditation
To be mindful is to be aware. In mindfulness imitation you practice the art of awareness. Good morning practice this type of meditation the easier it will get. You can start with as little as five minutes and work your way up to longer time frames.
1. Begin by closing your eyes and getting into a comfortable position. Find a place where you won’t be disturbed.
2. Take a deep breath in and drink in the calm and imagine your muscles are melting away.
3. Take a moment to focus in on your thoughts. What is it that you are focusing on right now? Be honest with yourself it’s okay if there are thoughts running through your mind. If you sense a thought simply acknowledge it and dismiss it.
4. Begin noticing the sights, sounds and smells all around you. Become mindful of your surroundings. Notice you see, sense or feel. If you are inside listen to the sounds that your home makes, Like the running of the central heating. You can even tune into the sound of your breathing. If you are outside, listen for the sounds of the birds or the feel of the wind.
5. With your eyes closed you can notice things more clearly. Notice what you see with your eyes closed. You might notice subtle shapes in the darkness or even see lots of colour moving around.
6. If you want to do ones you must be willing to observe without judgement. In essence awareness is the recognition and attention to the fact that you are but a part of a much greater reality then you can perceive with your five senses.
7. Become mindful of anything you notice and sit in the silence. Stay present and for as long as you like.
Click NEXT for Body Scan Mindfulness Exercise.